Fintea was initially formed as a group namely Finlay OutGrowers Group (FOG) in the year 2008 by small scale farmers from the three areas namely Belgut, Ainamoi and Konoin. This was propelled by the need to accommodate processing of excess tea production then a big problem. James Finlay (K) Limited accepted the request to process the excess green leaf which gave birth to the registration of five Cooperative societies.
Our Core Business
Tea is the core business of the union and as such the union endeavor to acquire quality tea from members, ensure they are delivered on time to the processor and manage high standards to ensure high prices in the international market. Sixty percent (60%) of green leaf tea is currently being sold to James Finlay (K) Ltd for processing.
- Marketing members produce;
- Coordinate the transport Services;
- Provision of farm input (bulk purchase of farm input);
- Processing, grading and transportation of tea;
- Coordinating the disbursement of premium arising from fair-trade/Rainforest/ISO certification to the members equitably.
- Do all other things necessary for the promotion and attainment of the fore mentioned objects.