Chepcheb cooperative society limited was started in 2008 by the tea farmers as Finlay Outgrowers Group (FOG) who are now members and drawn in Chebangang location in Kimulot ward and Chepchabas Sub-Location in Chepchabas ward respectively in Bomet County. The formation was triggered by post-election violence in 2008 and excess green leaf which other processors was unable to process and this necessitate registration of formalized group to market our tea.
To be the leading tea and other Diversified products producing and marketing cooperative Society.
- To arrange for Cooperative marketing,processing,grading,packaging and transportingthe members produce and such other operation as may be necessary for the most profitable disposal of the produce.
- To arrange for the purchase,resale of farm inputs and chemicals and other similar requirements of the members.
- To take measures to control pests and diseases.
- To foster Education and training to members,committee members and employees
- To provide cooperation and good will between members and the Society.
- To cooperate with other cooperatives inorder to promote member’s interest.And in furtherance to the objects of the society shall affiliate to the relevant National Cooperative Union and the Apex Society.
- For the attainement of the above stated objects the society may do such other acts or things necessary that are permissible by the Act,Rules and the By-law
CHEPCHEB OUT-GROWERS COOPERTIVE
P.O.BOX 223 - 20200,